Bringing your pet to Cairo can be a nightmare. We at Cairo Pets strongly recommend that you hire a pet moving company. It is very expensive but worth every penny. Sarah’s dog, Lulu, spent 24 hours on a loading platform without food, water or a bathroom break at the Cairo airport before being released.
Tips for bringing your pet to Cairo:
- Take a direct flight. When Sarah shipped her dog here from Ireland, the plane made a stop in Germany. Her dog was not off-loaded, but the people at the Cairo Airport had difficulty understanding this. As a result, they demanded vet records from Germany – a country her dog has never been to except for that flight.
- DO NOT pay any money until you have your pet in your hands. When they demand bribes, make them keep track of how much everything “costs” and pay them at the end.
- Bring multiple copies of meticulously kept vet records.
- Have your pet microchipped.
- Hire a company to handle these things for you if you can afford it. One of the main excuses that Sarah was given for the delay in allowing her dog to enter the country was that they were not sure if the country she was coming from had Rabies present. A professional company will have established contacts to manage these issues.
- If you have a story about bringing a pet to Cairo, please visit our forums and share. If you have a good moving company, please let us know so we can recommend them.
Below is a small list of companies that do offer pet shipping services.
Pro Move International – This is a highly recommended referral from one of our readers.